1 kg moose roast
1 glass of red wine
2 spoons of Barbecue sauce
Sliced cheddar cheese
2 slices of hard crust multi grain bread
1. Place the moose roast in a pan, add the wine, the beef stock, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, chopped onions and barbecue sauce. The moose is a lean meat (no fat) which is why we add so much moisture to the pan to help make our pulled moose nice and juicy.
2. Cover the pan with parchment paper and aluminum foil and roast for 2 hours at 380 F.
3. Retire from the oven, open it up and start to work at pulling the moose until you get the same consistency of a regular pulled pork.
4. Slice the bread loaf in 2 pieces 1 inch thick.
5. Spread hot sauce on both surfaces, on one of the sides put the pulled moose and top it with a couple of slices of cheddar and some chopped rosemary leaves. The other slice add more cheddar cheese and put both slices in the oven to gratin (brown) for 5 minutes.
6. Retire from the oven and plate, crown it with a drizzle of hot sauce.